Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nov06 & BCG Abscess

Nov06 was a busy and eventful month for Mommy, Daddy & me. Shortly after my Full-month cerebration, I developed an abscess on my left groin area. That was when I was about 5 weeks old. Mommy fretted out when she saw that and called daddy immediately to rush me to the PD's clinic. It was dignosed as a BCG Abscess, developed in 1 in say 100 or so babies. Mommy was very angry with Mt Alvernia hospital for giving the wrong info that BCG jab is compulsory in Singapore. It is simply a routine taken by hospital to give babies BCG jabs and NOT compulsory. Mommy didn't want to give me BCG jab to begin with, but relented when the nurses told her that it's compulsory for school admission that children be given BCG jab at birth. So so angry... Mommy reluctantly gave me Antibiotics upon Dr's advice, hoping that the abscess will subside, but it didn't. I was admitted to hospital once again for another 3 days. Mommy admitted together with me as well. This time, it is for a procedure called "Incision and Drain". It was a painful procedure whereby the doctor applied local anathesia, cut the abscess and squeeze and scrap out the pus. Mommy and Daddy insisted to be with me throughout the procedure. I cried out loud. So did Mommy.
Between taking care of me day and night, hospitalisations due to jaundice and then the BCG abscess, as well as our new apartment rectification works and reno, Mommy hardly had any time to rest during the confinement month. That's why she could lose weight fast and be slimmer than her pre-pregnancy self within a couple of months after brith:) hehehe... Of course breastfeeding helps a lot too.

That's how daddy burped Enya. Well-done Daddy!
One thing that Mommy realised during the tearful Abscess event was that Mommy & Daddy didn't kiss Enya enough. Afraid that baby's skin is too sensitive and delicate, Mommy only allowed Daddy and herself to kiss Enya after they've bathed and brushed. Absolute cleanliness required. But thereafter, more kissing is allowed, but cleanliness still has to be observed:) Enya's Mommy & Daddy's precious little princess:)





Gentle Birth Class Gathering after everyone has given birth. Aunty Pat and Pam, the class instructor and coordinator, are the 2 on the right:) They are wonderful and helpful people who has helped Mommy a lot in the caring of me in the 1st year of my life. Thanks Aunty Pat & Pam:)